CITY OF BROWNWOOD RECYCLING CENTER
Our mission is to provide quality services to our customers in the reuse, reduction, and recycling of materials and to prolong the life of the landfill as well as be environmentally friendly.
- Accept recyclables from citizens in the local and surrounding communities and coordinate the removal of recyclables with commodity vendors.
- Accept residential waste for disposal thus lowering the traffic volume in the landfill.
- Provide mulch and compost products that can be purchased by our customers.
- To provide recycling services to all of Brown county and surrounding counties.
- To provide a clean, safe drop off center for residential trash and recyclables.
- To organize recycling programs such as community clean ups, school recycling programs and in town recycling programs.
- To provide employees with up to date training so they can provide customers with the best service possible.
Residential Disposal:The residential discount rate is $5.00 per pick up or single axle trailer. To receive this rate customer must present a City of Brownwood water bill (within the last 6 months) and matching driver's license.
Out of the city limits rate is $12.00 per pick up or single axle trailer.
No commercial loads will be accepted at the Recycling Center. They must go to the landfill.
All unsecured loads will be charged a $20.00 fee. A load is secured if completely covered by a tarp or a net as determined by landfill staff.
Picked up on-site:
- $5.00 per pickup load
- $5.00 per single axle trailer load.
- $10.00 per dual axle trailer up to 16 ft.
- $ 3.00 per cubic yard for trucks, dump trucks, and roll-off containers.
- $3.00 - per cubic yard additional delivery charge by city truck (minimum 20cy)
Picked up on-site:
- $20.00 per pickup load
- $20.00 per single axle trailer load.
- $40.00 per dual axle trailer load up to 16 ft.
- $12.00 per cubic yard for trucks, dump trucks, and roll-off containers.
Delivery by city staff:
- $3.00 - per cubic yard additional deliver charge by city truck. (minimum 20cy)
Mulch available for purchase
Newspaper is an acceptable recyclable item.
Recycling Trailer placed at BISD school campuses
Steel food cans are an acceptable recyclable item.
#1 plastics are an acceptable recyclable item.
Cardboard Bailer 2015
Glass pulvierizer 2015 - glass is pulverized to a sand like texture
Pulverized brown glass available to the public. Please bring your own containers.
Pulverized green glass available to the public. Please bring your own containers.
Pulverized clear glass available to the public. Please bring your own containers.