Residential Garbage Collection
Residential garbage is collected one time each week from dumpsters in the alley and twice a week from 96-gallon, city-provided, curbside carts.
For those who may find one garbage cart with twice-a-week collection inadequate one additional cart can be requested. Fees apply.
For your remodeling and construction needs, Roll-off dumpsters are available upon request. Fees apply.
For more information refer to the or call utility billing at 325-646-9700.
Keep these items out of the trash cans:
- Construction debris (lumber, plywood, sheetrock etc...)
- flammable or combustible liquids or gasses
- Hot ashes or coals
- rocks, asphalt pavements, concrete.
- TV's and electronics
- brush, leaves, tree & hedge trimmings etc..
- dead animals (please call animal control)
- Liquids, pesticides, chemicals of any kind, gasoline, paint, grease, acid, ink, tar, grease.
Bag it up. Bagged Trash Prevents Litter!!!
- Place your cart curbside preferably by 7:00 am on the day of collection.
- Keep your cart four feet away from any obstacles including your mailbox, fence and other trash carts.
- The lid must close for collection. Overloaded carts cause trash spills.
96 gallon roll-out cart days of service:
- Monday/Thursday (or)
Each household with a 96 gallon cart will be emptied two times per week. Please reference the informational paperwork that came with your rollout trash can. If you are uncertain of your specific pick-up schedule, you can contact the Sanitation Department at (325) 643-4200. Please visit the link below (Holiday waste collection schedule) to see scheduled changes to your pickup days due to holiday closures.