- Public Works
- Residential Brush and Bulky Item Collection
Residential Brush and Bulky Item Collection
Brush and Bulky Item Collection Residential (non-commercial) customers may contact the Sanitation department to request services during normal business hours 8 to 5, Monday through Friday by calling 325-643-4200, a voice message may be left after hours.
Available 24/7 for your convenience - on-line request form.To bring up the fillable form to submit via email, please click the following link: Brush and Bulky Item Pick up Request Form
The following rules apply:
- NO construction debris please! (see lists of items accepted and not accepted in next section below)
- This free service is not available to: Commercial Customers, Apartments, Schools, Churches, Evictions, or Storage Units.
- City employees are not permitted to go on private property to collect these items.
- Place items at the curb or they may be placed in the alley if trash is collected from the alley.
- LEAVE WALK CLEAR FOR HANDICAPPED - place brush/debris on yard side of sidewalk. (especially on high traveled streets such as Austin and Coggin)
- Segregate items according to type; brush, bagged leaves, bagged grass, large bulky items, and metals. Mixed piles will not be collected.
- Cut tree limbs into lengths of five foot or less.
- Place away from mail boxes, fences, gas/water meters, cars, and low hanging wires.
Collections are completed with a boom truck, pictured below, which has a crane that lifts items into the bed of the truck. Debris for collection must be clear of all obstacles, such as fence, gas meter, mailbox, low hanging wires, etc...
Bulky Items collected by the City.
- Appliances (refrigerator, stove, washer, dryer etc...)
- Bed Frames (metal)*
- Brush and Tree Limbs (cut into 5 ft lengths or less, no root balls and not mixed with dirt or other waste).*
- Dish Washers
- Electronics (TV, VCR etc...)
- Furniture (all household furniture including beds, couch, chest of drawers, desks, entertainment centers etc.)
- Lawn mowers*
- Metal Swing Sets (must be disassembled and concrete removed from post)*
- Moving Boxes (cardboard if clean may be recycled)*
- Patio Furniture
- Pool Covers
- Space Heaters
- Toys (large)
- Washing Machines*
- Water Heaters*
Items "Not Collected" By the City
- Anything with a title of ownership (automobile chassis, motorcycles, trailers, boats, etc.)
- Any waste that is banned for disposal in a Type I Landfill.
- Automotive batteries*
- Brick, tile, stone and concrete blocks
- Construction and remodeling debris (includes carpet, plywood, bricks, rocks, aggregate, cinder block, stone, mortar, sand, sheet rock, insulation, flooring, shingles, siding, steel roofing, glass mirrors, lumber).
- Hazardous materials (paints, solvents, etc.).
- Tires (of any kind). * Tires are accepted at the recycling center for a fee.
- Land clearing debris* (brush and tree limbs accepted free of charge at the recycling center if free of wire, dirt and rocks)
- Liquids (of any kind)
* denotes items accepted at recycling center
Not all waste or recyclables are accepted at the landfill and recycling center.