Closures of Public Facilities as preventative measure regarding COVID-19
As part of the City of Brownwood’s continued response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Health Department, WIC, Municipal Court, and the Airport will continue to be closed to walk-in customers (originally closed on March 26th). The City will continue to offer the same services through online, phone, email and video conferencing options. All city services are open and operational, with the exception of the Lehnis Railroad Museum and City Meeting facilities. A list of all facilities impacted are listed below. This includes all sports fields, activities, and practices.
“We are committed to provide uninterrupted services, while prioritizing the health and safety of our staff and citizens,” said Brownwood City Manager Emily Crawford. Although customer foot traffic will not be available, the City has a variety of options to access services. In many cases, the additional methods of customer service will increase the convenience and speed of service delivery. “Although not under the circumstances we expected, COVID-19 has accelerated our digital service delivery, which will continue even after the pandemic is over,” stated Crawford.
These precautions are in the best interest of our residents, visitors, employees and their safety. We appreciate the understanding and patience of our community.
Playgrounds, Park Restrooms, Splash Pads, and Pavillions - Have now been reopened, as of Friday, May 22, 2020.
– Utility bills may be paid in person, drive-through, online or through the drop box located at through drive-through window at City Hall. To pay online or set up online payment account, go to BrownwoodTexas.gov and click on “Utility Billing.” All forms for additional service are now available online. Should you need assistance to request new service, transfer service or other options call 325-646-9700.
dsd@Brownwoodtexas.gov or by US Mail, FedEx, UPS or through the utility billing drive-through window. Code violations may be reported by calling 325-646-5331.– Building, electrical and plumbing permits may be processed online at BrownwoodTexas.gov and over the phone. Alternate inspection options are available through photos and Facetime. To order an inspection and discuss options, call 325-646-5331. Plans can be submitted by email at
www.brownwoodtexas.gov/jobs or can be dropped off through the utility billing drive-through or emailed to HRPersonnel@Brownwoodtexas.gov. For questions or additional information call 325-643-8180.
– Immunizations, TB, and Rabies treatment are still available. Please call 325-646-0554 for instructions before arrival.
– Call 325-646-1514 for appointment instructions. Staff will have curb-side service available to receive and process documentation.
– Municipal Court will be open from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Monday - Friday to allow people to see the Judge. Payments can either be made during that time, online, or placed in a sealed envelope with the person’s name legibly on the envelope. For more information, call 325-646-6947.
– The Airport remains open and operational, but the terminal is closed to walk-in traffic. For assistance or question about the Airport, call 325-643-1482.
– No change.
Senior Citizen’s Center –Meals may be picked up to-go and the Center will be closed for gathering. Home delivery will continue.
City Parks Playscape and playgrounds are closed, greenspace and walking trails will remain open, but no gatherings may be held in the parks, including pavilion rental. Park Restrooms are closed. Camping at Fabis Park is no longer allowed.
Additional City of Brownwood Facilities that will be closed for all events, gatherings, sports activities and meetings:
Adams Street Community Center
Bennie Houston Recreation Center
Bert V. Massey II Sports Complex
Camp Bowie Gym
Camp Bowie Soccer Complex
Depot Civic & Cultural Center
Lehnis Railroad Museum
Fire Station 1 and 2
Brownwood Public Library
City Emergency Management, City Administration, and First Responders are participating in daily briefings from public health organizations and various operations on the state and local level related to COVID-19.
Emergency services are available for water line breaks and sewer backups 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 325-646-6000.
All city services and additional information are available to residents via the city website www.brownwoodtexas.govor by calling 325-646-5775.
For information on COVID-19, numbers of cases in Brown County, local response, resources and best practices, visit www.brownwoodtexas.gov/health.
For more information please contact:
Brownwood City Hall, 325-646-5775